Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dinner

Last night I made dinner. I don't always cook, especially when we eat a big lunch at the cafeteria, but I did last night. I had chicken that was begging to be cooked, but I didn't feel like working very hard on anything...so, I made Bruschetta Chicken Bake. I got the recipe off a box of stuffing a long time ago and I kept it because it really is tasty and easy. (It involves stuffing so it can't be bad, right?) I thought I'd share a recipe tonight since I haven't done that for a while. If you want something easy, this is it!

Bruschetta Chicken Bake
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) chicken flavored Stove Top stuffing mix
1/2 cup hot water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes with their liquid in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, hot water, and the garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside. Place chicken in 9x13-inch baking dish (I was too lazy to cut the chicken into bite-size pieces so I just put in the chicken breasts whole); sprinkle with the basil and cheese (I also added salt and pepper). Top with the stuffing mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

There you have it...last night's dinner. And we'll probably eat the leftovers tonight. Sorry I don't have a picture, we ate it too quickly last night and I forgot about photographic evidence. Let me know if you try it and if you like it!

3 comments:

RayRay said...

(: MM! I'll have to see if Mom will make this for dinner for us, sounds really good!

The Foust Family said...

I have made this several times before...it is very good!

mom said...

Sounds yummy. I'll have to try it sometime. As soon as I have a functioning kitchen again. Can't wait.