Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cake Mix Cookies

It's been a busy week...well, I guess it hasn't been busy but I've been sick - so I haven't gotten much done. I was planning to make cute heart-shaped cookies for Valentine's day and share the recipe, but that didn't happen. Instead, I got to the end of the week and needed to make some cookies and share a recipe quickly. So, I turned to my easiest cookie recipe. Cake Mix cookies are fun because you use a cake mix (obviously) and very little else. I prefer the chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips, but you can also make a yellow cake mix with chocolate chips (it's supposed to taste like chocolate chip cookies, but it tastes too much like a yellow cake for my liking). Anyway, these cookies are so easy. Just mix everything together and bake them up. Then, they become soft, chewy and delicious cookies! Enjoy!

Only 4 ingredients - that's awesome!
Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs together.
It doesn't take long before it looks like thick cookie batter.
Add in peanut butter chips (delicious!!).
Drop onto ungreased cookie sheets (I used my fancy cookie scooper).
Try not to eat too much batter!
Bake them until they turn into delicious cookies!
EAT with a big glass of milk!

Cake Mix Cookies (I got the recipe from my friends little cake mix cookbook, but I can't remember the name of it)

1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate or yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 cup peanut butter chips or semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:
-Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until batter is smooth.
-Stir in peanut butter or chocolate chips and pecans (I didn't use pecans because I don't like nuts in my cookies!).
-Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes 3 dozen.

The dirty dishes for these cookies.
Cake Mix Cookies
Taste: 5 out of 5
Dirty Dishes: 4 out of 5
Time/Effort: 4 out of 5
TOTAL: 13 out of 15

No comments: