Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pizza Crust

The recipe this month is one I use often.  Well, I used to use it weekly...then I stopped...now I started again.  Since I have more time now, I've re-started my tradition of making pizza once a week.  We now have home-made pizza every Friday.  So, I thought I'd share my pizza crust recipe, which I got from my sister (who got it from Allrecipes.com).  It does require a bread machine, but I'm sure you could make it without the machine - it would just be more work.  If you use the bread machine, it's easy and delicious...enjoy!

The ingredients...pretty standard.

Add water, oil, salt, and sugar to bread machine then cover with flour and sprinkle with garlic.

Sprinkle on yeast and herbs.

Let your bread machine work it's magic!

Roll out dough and place on lightly greased pizza pan.

Top with your favorite pizza toppings 
(for this one we used pesto, garlic chicken, and red onions).

Bake for 12-15 minutes at 475 degrees.

Slice and enjoy 
(in my case, with a Diet Dr. Pepper!).

Ricardo's Pizza Crust (from Allrecipes.com)

1 cup warm water
3 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour (I always add more flour as needed)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (I usually use a little more...we like garlic)
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

Directions:
-Combine water, olive oil, sugar, and salt in pan of bread machine.  Add flour, then sprinkle garlic on flour.  Lastly add yeast.
-Turn machine on dough cycle.  As the dough mixes, sprinkle on oregano and basil (I usually just add this when I add the yeast).  Let mix for about 15-30 minutes.  Let the dough rest from 5-30 minutes (the longer it rests, the thicker and more tasty the crust).  Meanwhile, heat oven to 475 degrees.
-Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.  Spray a large pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Place dough on pan and add your choice of pizza toppings.
-Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.

Dirty Dishes - I forgot to take a picture!
But it was just the bread machine pan, the pizza pan, and the pizza cutter...not bad!

Pizza Crust 
Taste: 5 out of 5
Dirty Dishes: 5 out of 5
Time/Effort: 3 out of 5
TOTAL: 13 out of 15

No comments: