Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

I've had a couple people ask about the recipe for the cake I made last weekend. It was a Chocolate Peanut Butter cake modeled after the Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Torte we had at our wedding. I cheated a little bit and used a regular chocolate cake mix for the cake part. So, really, the only recipe someone would need is the frosting. I decided I would go ahead and put the recipe here since it is one of my favorites. I think that peanut butter-chocolate is the best combination in the world...it just doesn't get any better than that. So, after making a chocolate cake, you should use this frosting:

Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients:
10 oz. Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 cup Butter (at room temperature)
4 cups Powdered Sugar
2/3 cup Peanut Butter

Directions:
Beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and continue beating until smooth. Add peanut butter and beat some more...until creamy and smooth. Enjoy!

No comments: