Saturday, August 8, 2009

Road Trip Days 1-3

The first day of our Road Trip was spent driving from Oregon to Idaho. We didn't really do anything exciting. We were planning to camp, but it was rainy and very windy so we decided to stay at a hotel instead. The day was pretty boring, so I don't have much to share about it.

The second day was a little more interesting. We drove from Idaho to Utah and we visited Arches National Park (amazing) and then we stayed at a camp ground. I took pictures all day and have a picture diary below. Enjoy!

our day started too early!
free hotel breakfast...better than I expected!
I get to drive first
welcome to Utah!
time for a break - rest area
our trusty vehicle
stopped in Provo to mail gifties to my friends
Bill filling us up with gas
lunch time at Arby's
my lunch
windmills in the canyons
stopping to take pictures
Bill gets to drive now
traffic and construction
another rest area
we've reached our campground
it was windy, we weren't sure the tent would make it!
we visited nearby Arches National Park
it was beautiful!
we walked up to several of the arches (this is Double Arch)
Bill is on the left taking pictures of Delicate Arch on the right (very famous)
we stayed in the park until sunset
the park was amazing even after dark!
back to camp for dinner

I didn't take any other pictures of the tent. I was going to, but I got tired and forgot...instead I just went to bed.

On the third day of our Road Trip, we drove from Utah to Kansas. We stopped in Denver to visit my college roommate, Rachel. It was fun to see her again. We made a lot of progress driving today and had beautiful weather. We even stopped in Limon, Colorado to eat dinner at McDonald's. (That's another story that I'll tell some time about stopping in Limon at the nicest McDonald's I've ever been in, but that was many years ago and it has changed.) Now we're stopped in Colby, Kansas for the night...and its getting late so I better go to bed.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So awesome! Oh my goodness, the hotel breakfast looks derish! =] All your pictures are super pretty & I'm jealous you got to have Arby's teehee!

Mom said...

How fun to travel along with you, via your blog. Never been to Arches so thanks for sharing your pix with us. Beautiful! And you got to see Rachel in Denver. How special. Did you get a picture of the two of you? Would love to see it. I just got home at 7 am this morning from Huaraz. We had lunch at the hotel (with Stantons, who just happened to be there) and I'm now vegging out at the computer. Your blog was my first stop. Thanks for not letting me down.

margaret said...

I am sooo happy for the road trip finally!! Breakie looked good but was missing something....mmmm....sausage egg casserole!! LOL!! I would have skipped Arby's, but glad you got to have some. Photos of Arches are wonderful. The sunset was so pretty. Now, no fighting over music and drive the speed limit. Not on the GRA anymore!!

Emma said...

i heard they biult a bridge from US to Italy so you can come back during your road trip!

Alex said...

Hello! I am on your blog now aswell... how exciting! Your food makes me hungry. Don't tell Rachael but you take better food pics than her.... Oops! She can see this too hahaha.. Oh well I hope you have a great trip and upload soon!!! Miss you!