Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Road Trip Begins!

We started our Road Trip today. This is the legendary Road Trip that we have been thinking about and planning for over a year. I'm very excited that we're on our way! We returned from Peru a couple days ago and I have a lot of video clips and pictures to sort. Once I get time to work on those, I will write some more posts to finish the Peru trip. In the meantime, I'm going to share some Road Trip adventures. I'm taking video clips on this trip too, so you have something to look forward to!

We decided to do a scavenger hunt on our trip and try to find things along the way...but I haven't compiled the list yet, so we haven't started. If you have any ideas of what we should look for, let me know and we'll add it to the list. Until then, we are looking for license plates. We figured we should be able to find a lot of them, since we are traveling thru 25 states in the next 4 weeks. So far, we had a very good first day! We've already found 16 states and 1 Canadian province. That's pretty good for one day!

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a picture diary. I'm going to copy Rachael's "A Day In My Life" and take pictures of our whole day. I might not take as many pictures as she does, but it should be entertaining. I've started taking a lot of video clips lately, so I haven't been taking as many pictures. And Bill didn't take many pictures today either. But, tomorrow I will work hard on documenting our whole day for your viewing pleasure. So, stay tuned and check back soon. I'll upload pictures as soon as we have another internet connection!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara! (and Bill if you're there) Im' so excited for your road trip! I hope it involves coming to Virginia so we can see you! =] I miss you guys so so so much. I made a Reese's cheesecake and had no one to share it with =[ Much love and hoping for more brogs (hehehe) <3

Margaret said...

I was a good girl and let Rach go first!! Looking forward to the road trip blogs. You need to find the largest ball of twine!! Drive safe. love ya.

Sarah said...

I AM LATE TO THE COMMENT PARTY BUT I DON'T CARE.
I AM SO EXCITED IM POSTING IN CAPS.

:D
MISS YOU GUYSSSSSSS.