Thursday, August 20, 2009

Road Trip Day 5-8

On day 5, we arrived at my brother's house to visit him and his family for a few days. It was fun to see them again. We had a nice time hanging out the first day and had a delicious meal. It was very nice to be with family.

Bill and Daniel hanging out

Day 6 was spent with the family and we went in to downtown Chicago to be tourists. We visited Millennium Park and we saw the big Bean. It was fun to take pictures in the giant reflective jelly bean! We also had a Chicago must and ate deep-dish pizza for dinner...yummy! After dinner, we went to see the Blue Man Group. It was a very fun show and Bill laughed more than anyone. He really enjoyed it.

Daniel and Drew reflecting in the Bean
can you find us?
the big Bean with Daniel and Drew
the exciting show!

Day 7 was equally exciting...Bill and I took Daniel and Drew to Six Flags Great America. There were long lines, but that was expected because it is an amusement park, after all. We had fun riding the roller coasters and my nephews convinced me to go on a couple rides that I don't think I would have attempted on my own! It was a fun long day and we finished it with another delicious dinner from my sister-in-law.

after riding "The Dark Knight"

The next day, Day 8, was also very thrilling. It was our last day with my brother's family so we wanted to make the most of it. We went to a baseball game and supported the Chicago Cubs (even if they aren't the best). The atmosphere of the game was exciting and we ate all the traditional baseball game food: hot dogs, brats, jumbo pretzels, soft serve, etc. Even though the Cubbies lost, we had a great time! Before leaving Chicago, Bill had another hot dog, this time "Chicago Style".

enjoying our seats at the game
we were way up there, but we had a good view


After the game, we drove on (that's what most people do on a road trip) to visit more of my friends in Indiana. We had dinner with a college friend of mine and then stayed with family friends. It was a long day and a good time was had by ALL!

3 comments:

RayRay :] said...

Love love love the last picture of you & Bill! =] I've always wanted to go to a gameeeee!

mom said...

LOVE these pix!! Looks like you guys had tons of fun in Chicago without us :-) I'll have to check out that big bean. Wasn't there last time I was. It's so shiny and reflective - great for taking photos. The ball game looked like fun too - even up in the nosebleed section. But I do suppose you got a nice breeze up there on a hot day. With hot dogs and pretzels, who cares who wins?! Will we ever get a picture of the Chicago style deep dish pizza? Wish we could have been there. One of these days/years!

margaret said...

Take me out to the ball game,...lalala. Great, now that is stuck in my head!! LOL!! Great photos of Chicago. Could almost taste the pizza. Tomorrow is Weds. no Kara for lunch!! booooooo!! Miss you still!!