Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Week 49

December 4
We wanted to put Christmas lights on our house, but the ones from last year were all burnt out and very old. So, we went to the store and bought new ones. We decided to buy the cheap ones to last just 1 year and next year we'd buy good LED ones in the US. Unfortunately, we got what we paid for...they were cheap! We tested them and they worked, so we put them all up and then they didn't work. We tried and tried, but finally gave up because they were so cheap! I guess we'll wait until next year to have lights on our house!
December 5
As part of my Christmas spirit, I tried a new recipe and made Christmas Truffles. In theory, they were good. They tasted great (pure chocolate) but they weren't very easy to make. It was very messy and I'm not sure they were worth the effort. But, don't they look pretty?
December 6
We had our Bible Study Christmas party. It was so much fun. I loved the games - thanks, Abby! And we had delicious food and a gift exchange. It was a wonderful evening with great friends!
December 7
I think our stockings are so cute. We don't have a chimney, so we hang them by the stairs...but it works. The only problem is that the cat likes to weave in and out of them so there is black hair stuck to the tops (mostly on mine!).
December 8
We had a day off work for a local holiday so we started our Christmas movie watching with my favorite...The Muppet Christmas Carol. Abby joined us to watch it since she'd never seen it (can you believe it?). I love that movie - it is a Christmas tradition and definitely a classic!
December 9
Here I am...for the last time! I think I look pretty much the same as my picture from January. Maybe after the year is done, I'll put them all together and you can decide for yourself. I guess I have gained weight - otherwise pretty much the same.
December 10
Hooray!!! Bill graduated!!! He's been taking online classes for the last 2.5 years and he's finally done. He took finals yesterday and his graduation ceremony was today (although he didn't fly to Missouri to attend). Instead, I had a fun party for him! I am so proud of him!

No comments: