Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week 50

December 11
Today we went to the wonderful Christmas Cantata put on by our church. It was a lot of fun to go with a huge group of friends. The cantata was amazing and I sort of wished I had participated in it this year (but I guess there's always next year, somewhere else). It was a great evening and we ended it with dinner at the food court - I'm so thankful for wonderful friends!
December 12
I never showed you a picture of our finished Christmas tree. It would be prettier if you could see the lights better, but this is it. I think our tree is absolutely lovely!!
December 13
Our guest room has become the staging area for presents. We have a lot of gifts in boxes and a lot of wrapping paper...now we just have to put the two together!
December 14
One of my coworkers is leaving this month so we had a going away party for him. He will be missed.
December 15
At our embassy Christmas party this year, there were "guests" in the backyard. They are coatimundis, or "gato solos" as they are called here. I've never been so close to so many of them. They were kind of cute...until someone fed one and then they turned nasty!
December 16
Another going away dinner for the same coworker. A new experience at a boutique restaurant...interesting!
December 17
I started my Christmas baking!! Spritz are one of my favorite cookies - and a Christmas must-have! I made them in preparation for my Christmas Cookie party tomorrow. Now it really feels like Christmas!

No comments: