Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cool Whipped Frosting

Time for another recipe and I'm really excited about this one!  For Easter, I wanted to make a coconut cake, but I wanted a light, fluffy, white frosting that was EASY To make.  My mom suggested making a pudding/cool whip-based frosting and it sounded like a good idea.  Then, I found this recipe and it was exactly what we had in mind.  The recipe calls for vanilla pudding and vanilla extract, but since I was making a coconut cake, I changed it a bit.  I used vanilla pudding, but I added coconut extract and I added shredded coconut too!  After I made the frosting, I realized it was my new favorite frosting recipe!  It is delicious and light and fluffy and not runny!  We frosted a layer cake and it worked wonderfully.  The recipe can be changed for any flavor combination: chocolate pudding and almond extract; lemon pudding and lemon extract; vanilla pudding and coconut extract; etc.  And, you can also add anything to it: coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, etc.  If you need a quick and easy frosting - try this!

The ingredients 
(mine include coconut and coconut extract)

 Mix the pudding and milk.

Add the extract and add-ins.

Fold in the Cool Whip.

Frost the cake and ENJOY!

Cool Whipped Frosting:

1 box vanilla pudding (but you can use any flavor)
1 cup milk
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (again, you can use any flavoring you want to make different frosting)
1 cup (more or less) of any add-in you'd like (ex: coconut, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)  (optional)

Directions:
-Mix pudding and milk together.
-Add vanilla extract (or any other flavoring) and add-in.
-Fold in Cool Whip.
-Spread on cake (and lick the spoon).
 
Dirty dishes - excellent!  The spatula and whisk were hardly used, next time I will just use the spoon!

Cool Whipped Frosting
Taste: 5 out of 5
Dirty Dishes: 5 out of 5
Time/Effort: 5 out of 5
TOTAL: 15 out of 15

3 comments:

Stephanie Hurt said...

I have always wated to make this kind of frosting! Much better than homemade regular frostin! Thanks for posting this recipe!

Stephanie Hurt said...

I have always wated to make this kind of frosting! Much better than homemade regular frostin! Thanks for posting this recipe!

mom said...

That was yummy frosting - even in my lack-of-appetite condition. Thanks for giving me credit for the idea even though you found a recipe. You'll have to make that one again sometime!