Saturday, April 21, 2012

Top 10 Websites

I'm falling behind on my posts this month - I guess I'm just busy!  I'm trying to catch up but it's not really working.  Today I'm back with another list.  Sometimes, I find the lists the hardest to come up with because I can't use pictures.  Maybe I'll do a list with pictures sometime - that sounds like a fun idea!

Today I'm going to share my top 10 websites.  Not necessarily the ones I like the most, but the ones I spend the most time on.  Most of them are fairly obvious and I bet a lot of people spend significant time visiting these sites.  Enjoy...and feel free to share with me your most-visited websites!

Top 10 Websites
1.  Hotmail.  The first thing I do when I sit down at my computer is check my email.  I have a Gmail account also, but I've used Hotmail longer and it feels more familiar so I use it as my primary email address.  Even when I'm looking at other websites, I usually have a tab or window open with Hotmail...just in case I get an email!

2.  Facebook I don't often post much on Facebook, but I like to look at what other people are doing.  I'm kind of a stalker on Facebook!  Occasionally, I put pictures up or make a comment, but usually I just look. 

3.  MSN.  I read a lot of my news and random articles from MSN.  Not because I think it's the best site for that, but because it the website that comes up when I log out of Hotmail!  I'm lazy and instead of going to another site for news, I just read the one that comes up.  I find it keeps me updated with current events, but also gives me a sampling of really random stories - which I like!

4.  YouTube.  I watch YouTube almost every day, but I don't just surf around and watch random videos.  There is one particular family and I watch their daily vlogs regularly.  Other than that, I don't use YouTube.  But, since I use it every day, it made the list.

5.  Pinterest.  When I get bored, I look at Pinterest.  There are so many funny, creative, and inspirational things on Pinterest.  I get ideas for cooking, crafts (which I rarely do), travel, and other fun projects.  Also, there are lots of funny quotes.  Pinterest is fun when I'm bored!

6.  Amazon.  Another website I look at when I'm bored.  Lately I've been buying lots of little things on Amazon: for our pets, for our new house, etc.  I like shopping on Amazon because of their selection and free shipping (sometimes).

7.  Blogger.  Obviously I spend a lot of time on Blogger because I spend time updating my blog.  But, I also read other blogs (some on Blogger and some on other sites).  I have a list of blogs that I check daily to see what fun things my family and friends (and some strangers) are up to.

8.  Craigslist.  I've just recently started using this website regularly.  Because we have a house now, we are starting to look for "household" things to buy.  Although we're not in Oregon, my parents are kind enough to check out and buy things for us.  Our first purchase - a lawnmower!  It's fun to be homeowners.

9.  Allrecipes.  Anytime I need a recipe, I go to Allrecipes.  I have found so many delicious dishes and I like the feel of the website.  I think I'll use it a lot more when I'm in Oregon and I'm cooking more regularly.  I also like the helpful video tutorials they have.

10.  Kayak.  Anytime I need to look up travel tickets (airline or other) I use Kayak.  I find it usually gives me the best deal.  Sometimes I look at it just to see how much it would cost to take trips.  One of my favorite things to do is plan vacations - so even when I don't have one scheduled, I'm often looking!