Thursday, May 24, 2012

5 Random To-Do's

Tomorrow we leave.  Bill is leaving Panama for good; I am coming back.  Over the last week, I've had a million things running through my brain: things we needed to do, things we needed to pack, things we needed to finish, etc.  It has been stressful and I haven't been sleeping very well.  Since Bill finished work last week, I made many lists for him to get some things done while I was at work.  He's done a fine job.  So, since I'm stressed out with packing and can't think of anything better, I will share with you some of the random things I've asked Bill to do this week.

To-Do List
1. Put the leaf in the table.  I can't put the leaf in the table by myself...and since Bill won't be here when I get back, I wanted to have a bigger table just in case.  I probably won't need it, but I like to have extra surface area when I'm sorting or organizing...or if I have any last-minute dinner parties.

2. Box up computer and printer.  Bill won't be using his computer and printer anymore and since we keep the original boxes, I'd rather have him pack them up than the movers...or me.

3. Move freezer and put pantry door back on.  When we bought our big freezer, we realized that it wouldn't fit through the door of our walk-in pantry. So, we removed the pantry door, and the freezer door, and barely squeezed it in.  I don't want to do all that work to move the freezer out by myself.  So, months ago we began eating our freezer food just so we could move it out before Bill left.

4. Dismantle the guest bed.  Another chore I didn't want to do alone.  As we approach our final move from Panama, I like to start organizing and moving things around.  I need to have lots of room to do that and to stack boxes, so the bed had to be disassembled. 

5. Walk the dog.  Our poor pets are traveling tomorrow also.  The dog does NOT like to travel and although the cat has never traveled before, we are fairly certain she will HATE it.  Since we don't have a grassy yard here, we try to walk the dog sometimes.  I'll admit we aren't very good about it.  (That's why I know he will be much happier in Oregon.)  Anyway, since he has to be in his crate almost ALL day tomorrow, I wanted to be sure he got some exercise today.

There were a lot of other random things I asked Bill to do - and he did them all.  He was a big help in preparing for this trip.  I can't believe this is his last night in Panama!

No comments: