Friday, June 8, 2012

June 7 - A Day In My Life

I had originally intended to take pictures on Tuesday, Bill's birthday, because we had lots of fun things planned.  But, since we had so many plans, I totally forgot to take pictures.  Instead, I took them yesterday, which ended up being really fun too - since we had more good plans!  We went to City Fair in downtown Portland which is a carnival set up during the Rose Festival (Portland is the City of Roses).  It was a fun fair and it was also Fleet Week so we saw some ships.  In the evening, we celebrated our anniversary since we won't be together next week for our actual anniversary.  It was a good day.

I didn't take a picture when I first woke up, so this was after a shower.  It's not as early as some of the days I've taken pictures - but still not late enough to enjoy sleeping in!
  
Feeding Ubi in the rain.  He's still not sure what to do about this Oregon weather.

Looking at pictures while I eat Life cereal.

Driving (in the rain) to pick up our special anniversary cakes.

We had JaCiva cakes at our wedding so whenever we get a chance, we order them again to enjoy the deliciousness.  This time we ordered Chocolate Cappuccino and Luscious Lemon.

We rode the MAX (tram) downtown to the fair.

Getting a tour of a Coast Guard cutter in town for Fleet Week.

A Canadian Navy sailing ship.  It was pretty cool.

We traded our challenge coin (that I randomly had in my purse) with a coin from the ship.  We were very proud of ourselves!

Entering City Fair ready for some good food!

I had a delicious corn dog.

Bill had a Walla Walla Burger (smothered in Walla Walla onions).

We splurged and bought wristbands for unlimited rides at the carnival!

Riding the swings high above the fair.

We sampled a smoothie made in a blender powered by a stationary bike.  It was OK, but I was just there for the free Walmart reusable shopping bag!

Riding in the ferris wheel high above the city!

Bill rode this ride without me!  We rode so many rides that spun us around in circles that we both felt a little sick at the end.  But, we definitely got our money's worth out of the wristbands!

Waiting for the MAX on our way home.

This isn't the usual "picture of me in a mirror", but I thought it was creative so it counts!

Our special anniversary dinner - PIZZA!  This is the same pizza we had at our wedding reception so it was the appropriate celebratory dinner.

Oh, so tasty.  It really is GOOD pizza!

Eating our special cake.  We cut the cake using my mom's crazy cake-cutting tool.  It actually worked really well.

My only time-check of the day happened to be right before bed.  It was a long, busy day!

No comments: