Thursday, December 6, 2012

5 Favorite Christmas Things

As we're about to start decorating for Christmas and getting ready to celebrate this exciting season, I thought I'd share a list of a few of my favorite things.  Christmas really is my favorite time of year for many reasons - these are just a few.  This year I feel like we're having a smaller Christmas because we're still getting settled and we're new here...but it's still exciting.  I hope you are all preparing for an equally exciting and joyous Christmas Season!

5 Favorite Christmas Things
1. Christmas Music.  I love listening to Christmas music and I love that there are radio stations dedicated to playing it 24/7.  However, I have very strict rules about waiting until after Thanksgiving to start!  I usually buy a new Christmas CD every year to add to my collection.  Christmas music always helps put me in a festive mood!

2. Christmas Cookies.  I haven't made any cookies yet this year (some of my baking things are still in boxes), but normally I make many different kinds.  I love eating them and I love making them.  Spritz are probably the most iconic cookie for me so I look forward to enjoying some later this month!  I also like 7-Layer Bars, Moravian Ginger Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Fudge, Caramel Corn, and everything else!!

3. Christmas Decorations. I LOVE decorating for Christmas.  If I could afford it, I would probably have storage rooms full of decorations.  But, right now I have 5 bins with all my Christmas stuff in it.  I love getting it all out and placing things around the house.  I love using my tins for cookies and all the fun serving plates.  Last year I got a lot of penguin-themed decorations and kitchen stuff, so I'm excited to use that this year.  We also have a really nice tree and tons of fun ornaments.  This really is my favorite time of year!

4. Christmas Presents.  I am not ashamed to admit that I love presents.  It's a special part of Christmas for me because I love giving and receiving gifts.  It's fun to pick out presents for others and wrap them up in pretty paper.  It's equally fun to open presents from family and see what I got.  Presents are just fun for me - the cost of the gift doesn't matter, it's the act of giving that I like!  After all, the whole reason for Christmas is that God sent the ultimate gift to us...His son!

5. Christmas Celebrations.  I love all the activities that happen at Christmas time.  All the events and parties that people plan.  The tree-lighting ceremonies that bring people together.  Even the Christmas shopping is fun for me.  I love going to the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service and singing Silent Night.  I love all the traditions that we have that remind me of my childhood.  I just really love Christmas time.

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed season.  Merry Christmas!!

No comments: