Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 25 - A Day In My Life

Christmas!!  My favorite holiday and my last blog entry for the year.  I thought it would be fitting to finish with Christmas since I love it so much.  And, doing the ADIML blogs are my favorites...so here you have it.  We had a wonderful Christmas day - my parents came over to open presents at our house and then we ate cinnamon rolls.  Later in the day, we went to my parents house and had a wonderful Christmas dinner.  It was a fun day and a great way to end my 2012 blog posts.  I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and look forward to a Happy New Year! 
Who knows what 2013 will hold!!!

When I was little I would wake up VERY early, but now I appreciate sleeping in a bit!  
We opened presents around 9:30!

The cinnamon rolls before the oven.

Our tree with all the presents - remember, we were only 4 people!!!

Our stockings were hung by the chimney with care, and Santa filled them!

Bill's not sure he likes his present.

Just kidding...he loves it!
(He just wasn't ready for the last picture.)

Mom also loves her new lotion.

Bill opening one of the big ones!

Dad got a new knife...good thing since he's always losing it!

The mess after all the opening.

The cinnamon rolls after the oven (and after we ate some!).

Gadget is tired out from all the activity.

My contribution to Christmas Dinner - Cheesy Potato Casserole.

Mom making sweet potatoes.

Delicious ham and potatoes in the oven...it doesn't get any better than this!

The table without the food...

...the table with the food!

Gadget also got a special Christmas dog biscuit.

After dinner resting!

And we watched the Grinch.

Taking pictures of our pies.

Our pies (we had another one in the fridge).
Four pies for four people!

My choice - German Chocolate Pie with Cool Whip!

Our tree at the end of the day.
We had a wonderful Christmas!

I didn't get any pictures of myself...maybe I can get some from my mom's camera.  It was a great day and we are truly blessed!  I wish we could have celebrated with our family and friends around the world, but I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  See you next year!

No comments: