Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Party

I have a lot of catching up to do so here I go...

On December 21, we had a Christmas Dessert Open House. I've done it once before and I would like it to become an annual tradition, but I'm not making any promises. It was a lot of work and a lot of cookie baking, but it was also a lot of fun and totally worth it! We started making cookies several days before the event. I was able to make everything I love and not have to eat it all myself...yum! We made all kinds of Christmas desserts...we had fudge, Russian tea cakes, Hello Dolly bars, Moravian ginger cookies, German chocolate pie, pumpkin pie, peanut butter cookies, jam thumbprints, muddy buddies (or as Sandi taught me to make it - puppy chow), rice Krispie treats (with holiday M&Ms), spritz, and carmel corn. It was all very delicious and beautiful.

It turned out to be a great evening. Lots of people came and ate lots of desserts and had lots of fun.

making the carmel sauce
carmel sauce on popcorn = carmel corn
yummy!
cookie dough
making spritz
even Bill helped!
spritz are so festive
spritz in a tin
all Christmas cookies should be kept in Christmas tins!
fudge, Russian tea cakes, Hello Dolly bars
all the pretty desserts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the puppy chow! It was all SO good! :]