Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

The Christmas season is my favorite time of year. There are so many traditions and everyone always seems to be in a good mood. And the best part of Christmas time, is Christmas day. But first, Christmas eve.

On Christmas eve, we went to church for the candlelight service and we sang Christmas carols in the piazza with our candles. It was so picturesque and I really enjoyed it. When we got home, we opened one present each. (We both got new holiday flannel pants to wear on Christmas morning.) We also made cinnamon rolls so they could be ready to pop in the oven on Christmas morning.

We had a wonderful Christmas day. I love waking up on Christmas morning and opening presents. In the old days, I was usually the first one up in the morning...that hasn't changed! But, we did sleep in a little bit, I wasn't about to wake up at 6:00 AM to open presents...I value my sleep more now than when I was a kid. We woke up and leisurely opened gifts before having cinnamon rolls for breakfast - at noon! Later in the evening, we had Christmas dinner. It was so very delicious. We were still full from breakfast, but we made room for ham, scalloped potatoes, peas, and cranberry sauce. So yummy!

Here are a few pictures of our very merry Christmas and our fabulous food. We hope that each of you had an equally joyous Christmas time!

our new flannel pants on Christmas eve
cinnamon rolls ready to bake on Christmas morning
our tree is so pretty with all the presents
I got all kinds of goodies from my sister and her family
Bill got a new scarf and he was Santa's helper
Bill's mom opens her stocking
Bill likes books!
a new Christmas tablecloth...we even used it for our dinner
after presents, we had freshly baked cinnamon rolls
They were so good and the smell was unbelievable
our Christmas dinner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are adorable.
<3 xx Merry CHRISTMAS.

Anonymous said...

DERICIOUS.