Saturday, April 18, 2009

At The Library

Hello Everyone! I'm writing to you from the famous library in Alexandria, Egypt. I'm surrounded by a lot of people and books, and the library is very nice. I tried to send an email, but they've blocked Hotmail...so this is the best I can do. Obviously, I can't share any pictures at this time, but I thought it would be fun to say "hi". Its slightly confusing using the internet when everything is written in Arabic, but I'm figuring it out.

We're having a wonderful time in Egypt. It was extremely hot the first few days, but then we took a Nile cruise and it cooled off some. We have seen very old and very amazing things and Bill has over 2000 pictures already! Tomorrow, our adventure comes to an end and we are both sad. I am not ready to return to work, but I guess I don't have a choice! I really will need a few days to recover from this vacation. Even though we've been having fun in Egypt, it hasn't really been "restful". We've had to wake up early each day to get on with our sightseeing, so I will need some time to sleep in when I get back.

OK, gotta run. We're driving back to Cairo for our last night. Next time you hear from me, I will be in Rome again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still so jealous you're in Egypt. I'm looking forward to the pictures and stories you'll tell when you get back. We'll do a dinner <3 xx

margaret said...

Can't wait to catch up and hear all about your Egyptian adventure!! Welcome home!!