Friday, April 3, 2009

Walking Home

Its April! The weather is definitely improving and today was actually a nice day. This is the third April I've spent in Rome, and it will be my last. The first year I was here, I decided t0 walk home from work (about 1 mile) to get some exercise. (Normally, I take the bus home.) I walked home 3 times a week for the month of April and then I stopped...I don't like too much exercise. The following year, when April arrived, I decided it would be a good time to walk again. So, again, I walked home 3 times a week. I guess it was a combination of the improving weather and wanting to do something good for myself. It lasted one month - that was enough "good for me"! (If you're wondering why I don't walk to work, then you must not know what kind of morning person I am!)

Now that April is here again, I suppose I will be walking again. It can't hurt, right? And, I decided it would be a good excuse for a new blog series. There are a lot of reasons I am ready to leave Italy, but there are also some things I will miss...or at least some very interesting and unique things that I want to remember. As I walk home from work this month, I will take pictures of those things and I will share with you some of the uniqueness of Italy. It should be fun for you and fun for me! It won't be quite as long as the last series (I only walk home 3 times a week, and I will be on vacation for one of those weeks) so I think I'll limit it to 10 things. Yup, 10 things from Italy that I want you to know about. 10 things that I want to remember long after I've left the land of pasta and gelato.

Ah, April - there are so many things to look forward to this spring...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favourite themes of yours! :D I can't wait!

The Foust Family said...

Great idea...I'm looking forward to seeing you pictures!!