Sunday, May 3, 2009

Final Brunch

Yesterday I hosted my final brunch here in Italy. We're leaving in a few months and we're packing our household goods this month. That means I will be without most of my belongings for a while. Before that happens, I wanted a chance to use all my fun serving dishes and entertaining items. That meant I had to host something. And, what do I like hosting more than anything??? BRUNCH! Brunch is my favorite meal, and its my favorite thing to host. I went all out for my final brunch, making all the food myself instead of hosting a potluck brunch (even though my friends generously offered to bring things). I was able to showcase all my fun stuff, and I made a lot of good food. I was afraid we might have tons of leftovers, but we did alright. Just the right number of people came and ate just the right amount of food. There were only a few things leftover and I can handle that!

Even though we were running a little late at the beginning, it turned out great. Thanks to the early arrivals for helping (you know who you are!). The menu was delicious and the company was even better. It really was an excellent brunch! It was just the way I want to remember all my Italian brunches. We had a lovely day (in the morning) and people sat out on the patio. Then, in the afternoon, a thunderstorm rolled through and everyone sat in the living room listening to the rain outside. On the menu: Mike's Casserole, Baked French Toast, Zucchini Egg Bake, Mini Muffins, Scones (I made scones for the first time in my new scone pan - very cool), Devilled Eggs, Mini Cheesecakes, Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Jumbo Muffins, Fruit Plate with Yogurt Spice Fruit Dip, Banana Trifle, Ham-Pickle Rolls, Cheese & Crackers, Mini Sandwiches, Coffee, Tea, Water, Orange Juice, Iced Tea, and Strawberry-Banana Smoothies. It was a lot of food, but it was all so good I couldn't leave anything out! Everything was very yummy and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Maybe I should go eat some leftovers!


"before" picture of table with all my fun dishes
empty dishes just waiting for food
oooohhhh, yummy food!
so pretty (one casserole is still in the oven)
banana trifle
mini cheesecakes
let's eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got back and I made it to the first comment! :D Skills Kara-bear!

The brunch was SO good, I think that I'm still full... I'm going to miss these! (AND YOU)

Emma said...

Just had the chocolate chocolate chip muffin for breakfast...and let's just say good thing there aren't any more left!! thanks again!