Saturday, October 31, 2009

Flavor of the Month - Pumpkin

As part of my Birthday Goals (#22 to be exact), I decided to participate in "Flavor of the Month" from a blog I read regularly. Every month, Bridget, from Bake at 350, lists a "flavor" and then participants make something that fits in with that flavor. The Flavor of the Month for October is pumpkin.

Bake at 350

I love pumpkin and pumpkin pie is my very favorite (its even been my birthday "cake" request on several occasions). I enjoy making pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread - but that's been the extent of my cooking with pumpkin. For my first Flavor of the Month attempt, I wanted to try something different. Actually, I thought of making something with pumpkin that isn't a dessert. I knew I could make a pumpkin soup, but that didn't seem very exciting. As I flipped through my "Taste of Home" Thanksgiving Edition recipe magazine, I found what I wanted to make: Pumpkin Patch Biscuits.

Biscuits are tasty - but they aren't technically a dessert, so I was happy with my choice. This afternoon, I whipped up some Pumpkin Patch Biscuits. They were very easy to make and they smelled wonderful. As soon as they came out of the oven, we sat down and ate them! Nothing compares to fresh, warm biscuits. They were delicious! They would have been good as a side dish or served with a soup, but we ate them all alone! I also decided that I wanted a hint of the regular spices you taste with pumpkin pie, so I made a spiced butter. We devoured the warm biscuits with spiced butter...nothing too sweet, just delicious! I will probably make these biscuits again in the near future.







I think my Flavor of the Month came out great! I look forward to participating next month too!

3 comments:

mom said...

Wow! pumpkin biscuits - I never would have guessed. They look to die for! Never even heard of them before, but what a great idea. I can almost taste them just looking at the pictures. They look so light, flaky and delectable. And the flavored butter was a nice touch - very creative idea. Do you share your recipes? Hope, hope.

bridget {bake at 350} said...

I'm hoping for the recipes, too!!! These look fabulous and I think I NEED to make them!!! The spiced butter sounds delicious as well.

Thanks for participating in FOTM!

The Foust Family said...

Your biscuits look delicious - I might have to try them. I recently received my Taste of Home Thanksgiving Edition but haven't sat down to read it yet. I will look for the recipe. I also read bake at 350 but I have just been a lurker. I love all of her cookies! Way to go participating in Flavor of the Month! I feel like I know a "real" blogger now :)