Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Potato Soup

Tonight I made the next recipe in my adventure to cook thru an entire cookbook. I had the day off and it rained ALL day! It was a great day for cooking and nothing is better on a rainy day than soup. I made Creamy Potato, Onion & Cheese soup and it was delicious. It was fairly easy to make and it really tasted great. Bill liked it a lot! He said it was the best recipe from the book so far. He strongly urged me to make it again sometime. I think the next time I make it, I'll add bacon or ham...a little meat with potato soup makes it even better.

before
Ubi stayed close to the stove - hoping to get a taste!
after

4 comments:

mom said...

Yum, yum, yum. What a perfect rainy day meal! Your idea of adding meat the next time is a good one too. There's almost nothing that can't be improved with a little crispy fried crumbled bacon. I agree with Bill, sounds like pretty good eating. Wish we were closer to share some of these culinary delights with you guys. Sure is fun to enjoy them vicariously though.

mom said...

I forgot to ask if Ubi ever got a taste. Cute picture of him in front of the stove, waiting so patiently.

Margaret said...

Looks Fabuloso!! Can't wait for you to cook it for us!!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Looks yummy. I just love soup :D