Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 7

Hello loyal readers! I'm a little delayed in posting this time because I've been on vacation! We went to the beach last weekend and stayed for a whole week. Our good friends, the Ryans, came from the states to visit the beautiful Panamanian beaches. We spent a wonderful time with them out at the beach. More pictures will be posted in next week's group. These are some pictures from before we left and our first few days. It really was a wonderful time and I'm sad they are gone. Now I have to get back to real life...but I don't want to, I prefer vacation.

February 14
Bill gave me a lovely rose for Valentine's Day. It is yellow and beautiful.

February 15
Bill's Valentine's Day gift arrived a day late but he still loved it. I gave him a burr coffee grinder. He has wanted one for a while and he's really happy with it. He claims the espresso tastes much better with the finer grind. I'm happy that he's happy. (We didn't give very romantic gifts this year...I got a freezer and he got a coffee grinder!) February 16
We were trying to pack for the beach and Bacon just had to sit in the bag. This cat is a definite "bag lady". She loves all types and sizes of bags: purses, grocery bags, duffel bags, etc. She sat in my bag for quite a while before I kicked her out.
February 17
In anticipation of our week at the beach, I made a few foods ahead of time to take with us. I wanted to make things that would travel well and tasted better with time. I made banana bread, pesto chicken salad, and this: quinoa with black beans and corn. It's pretty delicious...it has cumin and cayenne pepper and cilantro and is exactly tasty. February 18
The Ryans arrived! We picked everyone up at the airport and rented a 15-passenger van for transportation. It was so fun to see all of them all at the same time. The beginning of a great vacation week!
February 19
We started our adventure and drove out to the beach house. It was a lovely house right on the beach at Palmar. It was so restful to be there. We enjoyed some wonderful meals there too - we had plenty of food! This was dinner the first night.
February 20
What is a vacation without a puzzle? We completed two puzzles during the week. This was the first - an antique map puzzle that I received as a Christmas gift. It was fun to put a puzzle together with the Ryans again - reminded me of old times...ah, the memories!

2 comments:

mom said...

What a beautiful yellow rose. Bill was so sweet not to get you pink. Smile. I think the coffee grinder was a pretty "sweet" gift as well. You guys are so good in the gift-giving department. It's nice to be related to you!! Love the pictures of puzzling at the beach. As they say, "It don't get no better than that!"

lisa chambilla said...

Hi from Peru! I'm so happy to have discovered your blog (thru a comment you left on Kristen's)! Thanks for sharing the link to the quinua recipe, which I'll definitely be making soon. Take care!