Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 8

Here are the rest of our beach vacation pictures. It was a great week...have I mentioned how much I love vacation?? Can't wait until my next vacation. The beach and house were wonderful (except the ticks that Ubi picked up from the yard).

February 21
Enjoying the yard at the beach house as the sun was setting. We were right on the water and at high tide, the waves hit against the sea wall.
February 22
Putting the last piece in the puzzle. Taylor helped with the last piece after we did the other 999.
February 23
We went up to El Valle for the day - walked around the market, "hiked" to the waterfall, enjoyed a small rain shower and then had lunch. We tried to eat at three different restaurants listed in the guide books but they were either closed or unresponsive or non-existent so we went to the grocery store and bought some snacks instead.
February 24
Playing Ubi, the game. It was so much fun...I love Ubi (I even named my dog after the game). Our team lost, but I had a lot of fun playing. Thanks for indulging me, Ryans.
February 25
After returning from the beach, we visited the Miraflores Locks on the Panama Canal and watched the ships go through. We were on the top observation deck in the pouring rain for a bit before we headed down to the covered bleachers.
February 26
The beach vacation came to an end and the Ryans had to leave. It was SO much fun to have them here and I'm honored that they let us be a part of their vacation. Thank you! We took them to the airport and were sad to see them go.

1 comment:

mom said...

LOVE these beach pictures! Thanx!! How I wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you all. Glad you had such a great time!