Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 38

September 18
We ran out of water on Saturday and it still wasn't back on Sunday. That made for a miserable morning. We went without water for over 24 hours. When you're supposed to have water and it goes out...it can be very frustrating. Thankfully, the spigot in our carport worked (who knows why). So at least we could slowly fill up buckets to flush the toilets.
September 19
I made spaghetti and meatballs...it was so yummy. Of course, we ate too much but we really enjoyed it!
September 20
September is a VERY popular month for birthdays...and since I make a dessert for each person's birthday from my office, I've been super busy. I made raspberry muffins for the first birthday of the week.
September 21
I'm not sure what this sign means. Why wouldn't you just go straight...why bother going down around the loop? Who knows?!? Just another in my collection of funny/weird/interesting/confusing signs from Panama.
September 22
Another birthday. This time, chocolate chip cookies. I made extras so we could enjoy them at home too.
September 23
My car battery died! I guess it had lived a good life. We were happy that La Casa De Las Baterias made it so easy to buy a new one. Not exactly cheap, but easy!
September 24
DONUTS! So much fun and so delicious. Abby and Amber came over to spend a day making donuts. Abby was an expert and every step of the process and we ended up with 5 dozen delicious treats. Too many to eat...although I gave it a valiant effort and felt sick all night!

No comments: