Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 41

October 9
While we were in the US, we spent a lot of time shopping. (There are many things you miss from America when you live in a foreign country.) We also had shopping lists from several of our friends for things to bring back. We were out all day and went to many fun stores - but I forgot to take pictures. The only time I took pictures was in Walmart - of the Christmas blow-up lawn decorations (for a friend in Panama). At least this picture represents the vast randomness of our shopping list...it was so fun!
October 10
Much of my focus during a vacation to the US is on food...and enjoying the restaurants I can't go to when I'm gone. So, we ate out everyday - sometimes twice a day. Here is our second visit to Shari's (a diner-type chain). I love Shari's!! And, what a beautiful Oregon fall day it was!!
October 11
Another day, another restaurant! Dinner at Red Lobster, if only for the CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS!! I ate so many biscuits and they were delicious. The other food was good too - but those biscuits are amazing!!
October 12
Tonight we went downtown to the Old Spaghetti Factory on the river. It was dark so we couldn't really see the river, but it's such a fun restaurant. We had one of the back rooms almost to ourselves. And, delicious food!
October 13
This is my future kitchen...I hope. Except, we're going to completely remodel it. So, this is the "before" shot and someday I hope to show you the "after" shot. We spent three hours at the house and I forgot to take a picture of the outside. Oh well! This is inside the house we hope to buy!
October 14
Yes, another restaurant. This time we stayed home and made the food come to us!! Bellagio's Pizza is what we served at our wedding and it is still one of our favorites. The chicken pesto pizza is so good. Again, I was so excited to eat that I didn't take a picture until the end...these are the leftovers!
October 15
Watching the Oregon game...in the airport. We bought tickets to go to this game (it was supposed to be in the afternoon of the day we were scheduled to leave Oregon) but then the kick-off time changed and we couldn't go (because it conflicted with our flight). Sadly, we were only able to watch part of it in the airport...and we were wishing we could have been in the stands!

No comments: