Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 42

October 16
On our way back to Panama, we had a 12-hour layover in Newark. Instead of sleep all day in the airport, we went in to New York City to see some sights. We were really tired from our overnight flight, but we were able to take a tour bus around and see the highlights. It was fun!
October 17
We bought a lot of goodies in the US. My favorite candy, Peanut Butter M&Ms, were available in snack sizes because of Halloween so I bought a bunch. The bag in this picture is from the pie we bought at Shari's. It was a delicious pie!
October 18
Happy Birthday to me! I celebrated my birthday before we left Oregon and again when my co-workers threw me a surprise party so I didn't really do anything on the evening of my birthday (other than eat from my favorite restaurant here). Instead, I went to Bible Study and helped prepare for the women's retreat. It was a good birthday.
October 19
Bill is sick. Too much vacationing and changing temperatures! He started his last two classes this week but he's been very sick.
October 20
Coming back from vacation is so much work. My desk is a mess and it bothers me that I don't have time to clean it up. The upcoming weeks look just as busy so I'm afraid my desk won't get cleaned off for a while! Uggh!
October 21
We had our Women's Retreat this weekend. It was fun to share a room with Abby, Amber and Jen. We had a really good time!
October 22
The hotel where we had our retreat was really nice...including a beautiful pool! What a fun time with great friends!

No comments: