Friday, August 31, 2012

5 Exciting Oregon Things

On Saturday, I'm going to America.  I'm leaving Panama behind and moving to Oregon.  I'm very sad to leave my friends (I so wish they could go with me!).  I will miss them more than I can imagine right now.  But, I'm also very excited to live in Oregon.  I'm ready!  So, this month I'm listing just a few things I'm excited about.  Oregon will be very different than Panama.  And, after living overseas for 9 years, I'm ready to spend time in the good ol' U-S-of-A.

5 Things I'm Looking Forward to in Oregon
1. Weather.  I will not be sad to leave the humid weather of Panama.  I like living in a jungle sometimes, but I've never really liked the humidity.  It's just too much!  Oregon's weather will be a lovely change.  Yes, it rains a lot, but I don't mind the rain.  And, I will enjoy the cool weather for a while (until I get too cold).  It will be nice to have the seasons too!  I'm looking forward to Fall...and soup...and warm beverages...and cool, brisk weather!  I can't wait.

2. Shopping.  I'm so excited to be near Target again.  I probably won't even shop there very often (because I'm quitting my job and won't have money) but it's nice to know I could go there anytime. And grocery shopping will be so much fun!  So many choices and so many sales.  And COUPONS...I plan to become an expert in coupon shopping.  I'm just looking forward to the easiness of shopping in America and being able to find everything you need/want.

3. Road Trips.  We like to take road trips.  And, we bought an RV so now our road trips will be even more fun.  We don't know anything about owning an RV so it will be an adventure to learn.  But, it will enable us to take our pet(s) when we go on road trips so we don't have to worry about leaving them behind.  I can't wait to go camping for the first time!  Even if we don't take the RV, I'm looking forward to road trips.  Driving in America is just fun!

4. Football Games.  I'm excited to watch football on TV again (in English) and have more options available.  But, I'm also excited to be in Oregon and cheering for the University of Oregon Ducks!!!  We plan to try and get tickets to some games this season.  Now that we're close enough to drive to the games, it will be fun to be there in person.  I'll be sure to let you know if we get tickets!

5. Owning a House.  Yes, we have owed our house for several months...but we haven't been living in it.  I'm excited to be a homeowner.  I'm sure there will be extra work that I'm not used to (like all the cleaning and yard work) but it will be fun to be in OUR house!  We've already had the house painted and have a new fridge.  I plan to buy a new stove and new furniture and slowly start to make other changes/improvements.  It will be fun to get to know our neighborhood and just get settled in as long-term residents in America!!

No comments: