Friday, August 24, 2012

Cheeseburger Pizza Pasta

I'm still trying to use up all the food in my pantry before leaving the country.  I have very random things so it's hard to follow recipes.  I had one can of cheddar cheese soup and it reminded me of a recipe I tried a while ago (Cheeseburger Pasta)...it was ok, but I wasn't sure I wanted to eat it again.  And, since I didn't have all the other ingredients, I couldn't duplicate it.  So, I decided to MODIFY it and make it work with what I had.  The results: better than the original.  It turned out like goulash and it was really good.  I added too much pasta (because I needed to use it all) so it wasn't as saucy as it might have been...but it was really good.  And, it was good as leftovers the next day!  I'll include the original recipe (in case you want to try it) and also my modified recipe.

My ingredients.

Brown the hamburger with the onions.
 

Add the cheese soup, the pizza sauce, and the chili's.

Add the pasta and the water.

Let it simmer while the pasta cooks.

Delicious and hot!

Top with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!


Cheeseburger Pasta (original recipe)

1 pound ground beef
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed tomato soup
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta

Directions:
-Cook beef in skillet until browned.  Pour off fat.
-Add soups, water, and pasta.  Heat to a boil.
-Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until done, stirring often.

Cheeseburger Pizza Pasta (MODIFIED recipe)

1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (I used dried chopped onions because I had them and I'm lazy)
1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 can (15 oz.) pizza sauce
1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chili's
1 1/4 cups water
2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta (I used macaroni because that's what  I had...I liked it better because it tasted more like goulash with the macaroni instead of shells)
Mozzarella cheese as garnish

Directions:
-Brown beef and onion in a large pot.  Pour off fat.
-Add soup, pizza sauce, chili's, water, and pasta.  Heat to a boil.
-Cover and cook over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until noodles are done, stirring often.

Dirty dishes.  The meal is made in one pot so there aren't many dishes.

Cheeseburger Pizza Pasta
Taste: 4 out of 5
Dirty Dishes: 5 out of 5
Time/Effort: 5 out of 5
TOTAL: 14 out of 15

No comments: