Friday, September 12, 2008

Baking Frenzy

Today was one of my co-worker's birthday. We decided to plan a big celebration because he turned 50. So, since I'm the most qualified baker in my office, I had a lot of work to do. We invited quite a few people, from other offices, so I had to prepare for more than my usual birthday crowd. That meant that last night I was baking up a storm. (Not literally, although right now it is storming outside...rain and lightning and thunder, oh my.) My office really is spoiled...I enjoy baking so they enjoy the results! Included in today's birthday extravaganza:

-->Chocolate Cupcakes
-->Brownies
-->Chocolate Chip Cookies
-->Banana Bread
-->Chips & Salsa (for something salty instead of sweet)

My apartment smelled so yummy...like fresh baked cookies. My co-worker asked for "something chocolate" so that's what he got...and that's what my apartment still smells like! Here is a taste of what I did last night.


Tomorrow we're off to Milan for a 3-day weekend. Oh, by the way, Bill is here...YAY! He arrived yesterday and we couldn't be happier. When I come back, I'll write my first post about traveling, because until now this blog has been only about "tasting" and not about "traveling." I'm looking forward to sharing our trip with you and rounding out my blog title.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: