Monday, September 29, 2008

Black Forest Cake

Last Friday was Mike's birthday. I always make cakes for my friends at work and he asked for a Black Forest Cake. I've never made one before - mostly because I do not like cherries. But, it was his birthday so I had to make it. It wasn't the easiest cake I've ever made, but it turned out OK, I guess. Here is my Black Forest Cake:


I cheated...a cake mix


add oil


and water
mix well

all ready
make sure pans are greased
spread batter evenly
I made three layers for my cake
heat oven
bake cakes...they smell yummy!
so yummy
cool completely
remove cakes from pans
cool some more
ready for frosting
use heavy cream
and some powdered sugar
looks good
cherries are ready
spread frosting on first layer of cake
add some cherries
then next cake layer
repeat frosting
repeat cherries
repeat cake layer
frost the top and sides of cake; add cherries and chocolate shavings
looks pretty good


Everyone ate the cake, so it must have been edible. I don't think I'll ever make it again - mostly because it has cherries, but it was fun. And THANKS to Bill for the great pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karabear! It looks derishus! :D
OM NOM NOM NOM!