Thursday, July 23, 2009

Peru Trip - Day 1

We've been in Peru for 3 days now and time is flying. We're having lots of fun and we're not spending much time on the computer...which is why you haven't heard from me. But, I wanted to get some pictures posted and write an update before I forget all the exciting things and delicious meals we are enjoying! Most of our trip was scheduled around the meals that we plan to eat. There is a lot of good food to enjoy in Peru and I wanted Bill to experience as much as possible. So, my mom and I devised a schedule where we eat three meals a day (at least) and eat as many of the wonderful things available as possible. So far, we've eaten a LOT...but it has been very tasty. We have a lot more eating to do before we can leave Peru!

Our first full day in Peru we spent in Lima. We ate a relaxing breakfast at home before heading out to see the town. We didn't really see much because we had to take care of some business first. After that, it was time for lunch!

breakfast

For lunch, we wanted to have ceviche. We drove around looking for a restaurant that my brother recommended, but we couldn't find it. Instead, we found Punta Sal, overlooking the ocean. It was a very nice restaurant and we had some good food. Bill had his ceviche, which he really enjoyed, and he shared some jalea with my mom. I was more happy eating the cooked fish - I'm simple like that! It was a tasty meal!

Bill's ceviche
my fish
jalea

After lunch, we drove to the Quechua Markets (that's what we call the artisan souvenir place). They have all kinds of Peruvian stuff. We are planning to go back at the end of our trip, so this was just a preliminary visit. But, we managed to buy several good things and Bill took a lot of pictures. After our shopping, we went to dinner. Although none of us were very hungry, we had to eat dinner because we have a lot of meals to eat during our short time in Peru so we can't afford to skip any! For dinner, we went to Pardo's Chicken. One of my favorite restaurants in the whole country. We were so excited when the food came, that we forgot to take pictures. But, Bill had Pollo a la Brasa and I had Chicharron de Pollo. It was very good!

Pardo's Chicken menu

Our first day was a good one. We relaxed and ate...doesn't get much better than that. When Bill gets his pictures posted, you can see more of what we did, but for now I will just share the food pictures because everything is so yummy. I wish you were all here to enjoy the flavors with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY A POST! =]
I want to be happy about that but it just reminds me that you're gone =[

My next comment will be happier.

I MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUU.

The Foust Family said...

I am so excited to read your posts on Peru and see all the pictures. It brings back so many memories of my short visit there! Keep the posts coming. And tell your parents hello :)

margaret said...

I feel like I am eating my way through Peru with you. It is so fun to see 'the plan' in photos! Keep up the eating and remember, elastic is our friend.

Miss you tons.

Love,
margaret