Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chocolate Banana Loaf

Last night I had the house to myself for the evening so I decided to make the most of it and bake something delicious. I picked another recipe from the cookbook that I'm working thru. It sounded interesting and had potential. I love banana bread and chocolate so I thought the Chocolate Banana Loaf could be good. I whipped it up in no time and it looked good. After a long time in the oven, even longer than the recipe called for, I pulled it out and let it cool. I tasted it when it was cool enough to eat and it was...not good. The texture and taste were off. It was too mushy, even though I baked it a LONG time. Also, it had a weird taste. I let it cool some more hoping it would help and then tasted it again...it wasn't any better. Bill even tasted it this morning and he didn't like it (that means a lot because he likes almost everything). So, my final verdict for this one is NOT GOOD. It's really too bad because I had such high hopes!

the recipe
the ingredients and my mixer!
ooey, gooey smashed bananas
long bake time
the finished product looked better than it tasted

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ehh, I don't think chocolate really works with any fruit except strawberries but it never hurts to try! :] xxo

margaret said...

Well, if this is the only 'bad' one then life is good!! Valiant effort!!