Monday, March 1, 2010

Flavor of the Month - Chocolate

It's that time again...Flavor of the Month time. Bill finally got my computer back up and running so I'm trying to catch up on my blog posts. I thought this was a good one to start with since it was "due" yesterday. Again, I wanted to find something that would fit with the theme of FOTM and also be a recipe from my cookbook, so I decided on this one: Deep Chocolate Cheesecake. It was a little different than normal cheesecake because it used marscapone cheese instead of cream cheese. I have never used marscapone cheese so it was an adventure! Bill didn't like the taste of it plain, but once I added the sugar and chocolate and orange, he liked it quite a bit. I also used my microplane zester for the first time to zest an orange and it worked great! It was so much fun and smelled orangey! Because of all that zest, the cheesecake had a fairly strong orange flavor. My only complaint with this cheesecake is that it didn't look very pretty. It didn't come out of the springform pan very well and it was really loose. I think next time I would serve it in individual ramekins to help with presentation. Overall, the taste was ok, if you like cheesecake (which I don't, so I didn't eat much). Bill and our guests seemed to enjoy it, though, so I guess that means it was a success.

the recipe
the ingredients
zesting!
graham cracker crust...with cocoa
chocolate - my favorite part!
not very pretty, but pretty tasty
This is the last month for Flavor of the Month. It's no longer going to be a regular part of Bake at 350. Instead, there will be periodic themes and reasons to post. I will try to keep up...

I guess this completes #22 on my list of Goals. Yay me!

Bake at 350

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good & I'm very glad you guys have your computer back and running :D

bridget {bake at 350} said...

Oh my goodness....that looks incredible! Sinful AND incredible!

Margaret said...

I love cheesecake!! But the chocolate.....looks yummy and will leave that for all the chocoholics to enjoy!! Glad you are back!!! xoxox

Kelsey said...

Chocolate, cheesecake, and orange, OH MY!

Emma said...

your pic looks better than the cookbook's pic! nom nom!