Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 30

July 24
We went to the mall, which is pretty normal for us on the weekend (the mall has good food and entertainment when you don't feel like spending much money). One thing that always bothers us in Panama is the parking. Most stores have little or no planned parking and drivers don't seem to care where they park. It is a huge problem and can be very annoying. Here is just one example...the lines are painted, but people just keep parking on the end of a row until there is practically no room to get around. One time, there was literally no room to get around and we had to backup and go another way!
July 25
I made tuna noodle casserole for dinner - it's one of my favorites. It was tasty and we ate WAY too much of it. We kept eating it the next two days too - delicious!
July 26
Homemade chocolate chip ice cream with brownies! So amazingly good!!
July 27
Our animals can be very needy. They just follow us around and stare at us sometimes. But, they're cute and we love them!
July 28
Peru's independence day - we celebrated by going out to a Peruvian restaurant. We enjoyed Aji de Gallina and Lomo Saltado and, of course, Inca Kola!
July 29
After a quick shopping trip, we stopped at the deli for lunch. Pasta salads, pesto sandwiches, and ceviche were a perfect lunch. We like Grand Deli Gourmet.
July 30
To celebrate Peru's independence (again), I made Peruvian food and invited a couple friends over. I forgot to take pictures of the food or of my friends! We had a good evening of tasty food and fun Peru memories/stories. I talked a lot and I'm grateful that Abby and Maggie pretended to be interested! At least I have a picture of my Peru coffee table books.

No comments: