Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 47

November 20
After talking to my mom and Bill, I decided to fly back to Oregon to see my grandpa. We just made the decision and bought a ticket online...for tomorrow! I can't believe I'm buying a ticket one day and flying the next! This changes all our plans for Thanksgiving and vacation, but it's important.
November 21
Here I am in Houston. Just waiting for my next flight to take off. That's my plane out there waiting for me!
November 22
Back in America! Shopping at Costco to prepare for Thanksgiving. They had PALLETS OF PIES!! It was unbelievable. People were buying so many pies...one guy had about 10 in his cart. There were so many pies! This picture isn't even all of them - the pumpkin pies were behind me in the refrigerated section. They were disappearing about as fast as the employees could restock them. And, they are actually really good pies - considering they only cost $5.99.
November 23
Enjoying my dad's pancakes for breakfast with my family. It was good to be with everyone and the pancakes were delicious too!
November 24
Thanksgiving dinner. This picture doesn't even begin to capture all the food we had. It was a delicious feast with my extended family. We have so much to be thankful for! I wish Bill and the rest of my family could have been with us.
November 25
My mom and I decided to get up early for Black Friday shopping...my first time. We missed my sister - who is the real expert. It would have been more fun if she was with us. We didn't need much, but we were out there and got the good deals (on socks) and free donuts. In the evening, we went out again and I snagged the last TV on sale at Target. I pretended it was early morning and I was fighting off the crowds as I rushed thru the store with the big box in my cart. Good times! (The TV was an early merry Christmas gift for my dad!)
November 26
One of the best things about a big Thanksgiving is the leftovers. We enjoyed turkey sandwiches and all the extras!

No comments: