Saturday, January 7, 2012

5 New Year's Resolutions

I don't normally make New Year's Resolutions because they usually end in failure. Sometimes I think of things that I should work on in the coming year...but I rarely verbalize them because that would make them "real". This year, since I'm making lists as part of my blog, I thought it would be fun to list my resolutions. Maybe if I publish them, I will work harder at keeping them (probably not!). One thing I can guarantee is that I won't be making any food or exercise related goals...I don't get motivated that way so I always fail. I have to stick to goals that I have a chance of keeping. So, without further ado:

New Year's Resolutions 2012
1. Update My Blog Regularly - isn't this a good one to start with? I've already told you what I want to do with my blog this year and it's officially my first resolution.

2. Read The Entire Bible - I've tried this one before (twice actually) but I have yet to finish the Bible within one year. In fact, I'm already behind this year. But, I really want to do this so I'm announcing it out loud. I'm using a Bible my sister gave me that is specifically organized to read in one year. I'll let you know how it goes.

3. Stick To Our Budget - this one is important this year. We have a nice budget, with a fancy spreadsheet, but we haven't had to follow it that closely because we've been in a good place financially. Now that we're buying a house, and our employment will be changing, it is more important than ever to follow the amounts we have budgeted. I need to consciously adjust my lifestyle to fit within our budget.

4. Be More Positive - or Complain Less. I'm not always the most positive person, especially when things aren't going the way I think they should. This year, I want to try to focus on the good things, be more appreciative, and count my blessings instead of dwelling on what I don't like. I'm hoping that memorizing Bible verses will help me with this one.

5. Be A Better Wife - I guess I could try to be a better person in general, but I'll start with just being a better wife! This one is very vague, but that's good. I need to generally be better at being a wife. This is a lot like #4 - less complaining will make me a better wife. Additionally, I should try not to be so lazy...that will make me a better wife too. I've got room for improvement!

OK - it wasn't very exciting, but there you have my first list of the year. What other lists would you like to see?

1 comment:

Emma said...

like the new resolutions - mostly because it means you will continue to blog! I was getting nervous there.... xoxo