Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Blog Themes

OK - since I did a pretty good job at keeping up with my blog last year while I had a theme, I decided to try again. (I'm afraid if I go back to blogging only when I have something interesting to say, I may never blog again!) I guess I need ideas and direction...something to keep me on track and give me a topic. I didn't think I could keep up with a daily project this year (I'd already be several days behind) so I thought I'd try a weekly or monthly goal. But, then I couldn't decide what I wanted to commit to each week...and once a month didn't seem like enough (although probably more manageable). That's why I decided to do a combination of weekly and monthly themes. I have 4 different topics that I will blog about each month. That will mix things up, keep me blogging fairly regularly, and give me a goal. At the end of the year, I should have 12 blog posts for each of my topics. Do you want to know what they are??

--A Monthly Video. I will make some sort of video each month. Something that I'll attempt to edit and add effects or music or something. It will let me work on more video clips and hopefully give you something interesting to watch. They probably won't be long videos, but it will be different.
--A Monthly Recipe. I will post a recipe each month with pictures of the process and finished product. I love to cook, so this should be an easy one. I'll try to pick exciting recipes. If you have any suggestions, let me know.
--A Monthly List. I love lists. I like making them and I like reading them. I will share a list with you each month and blog about it. Maybe a Top 5 list or a wish list or something else. Again, if you have suggestions, leave a comment!
--A Monthly Photo Diary (A Day In My Life). Several years ago, my friend Rachael introduced me to "A Day in my Life"- a photo journal where people post pictures from one day in their life. I've done it once before, on our Road Trip, and it was fun. So, once a month, I will take pictures all day and share them with you...a diary of my day through photos. It will help with any withdrawals from Project 365 and all the photos I took for that!

There they are! I know these may not be the most exciting topics, but I feel like they are broad enough to not get boring and vague enough to let me decide what I feel like each month. Hopefully, you approve.

Another thing I decided to start doing this year (and I want to use my blog to help me keep up with it) is to memorize one Bible verse each week. I will write a verse on a note card (yay for office supplies!) and carry it around with me all week. Hopefully, I'll be able to memorize 52 verses in one year (although I may use some verses I already know). I want to use these verses to remind me of God's promises on days when I feel sad, angry, happy, lonely, bored, lazy, etc. Each week, I will post the verse and tell you why I picked it...maybe you can memorize them with me!

So, welcome to 2012 and my new blog themes. I hope you like them and are anxious to get started with me. As always, thanks for reading and let me know if you have suggestions!

1 comment:

The Foust Family said...

I loved following your 365 project and will enjoy all your new themes!