Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 20 - A Day In My Life


It may not be very early - but anytime you wake up to an alarm clock it's annoying! This is what I saw when I finally opened my eyes.
Bacon supervises as we get ready for work.
I enjoy a nutritious breakfast of Cocoa Puffs!!
Driving to work on a beautiful "summer" day.
Bill is careful to protect the animals on our short commute...we don't run them over or honk at them - or anything else this sign could mean.
I have this in my cubicle at work...it has become my motto. (In case you can't tell, it's a donut.)
After work, we stopped to see what the embassy was selling in their auction. A lot of furniture and computer equipment, but most of it is old or damaged. We'll probably come back tomorrow to see how much people bid.
Going to lunch. The green Volkswagen tried to cut us off...but Bill did NOT allow it. Defensive driving is very important!
Lunch at Tamburelli's. We're been here over 2 years but this was our first time.
I had chicken lasagna (although I ordered meat lasagna). It was good.
Bill had a tasty little pizza.
After lunch, we made a quick stop for groceries. This is the tiniest can of sweetened condensed milk I've ever seen. The can is so tiny and Bill is so silly!
Our groceries.
Making Key Lime Cheesecakes for a baby shower tonight. Zesting delicious limes.
While I slave away in the kitchen, Bill sleeps...
and Bacon sleeps...
and Ubi sleeps!
After all the hard work baking, I look at pictures of "our" house while Bill gets a quote for homeowner's insurance!
Time check - an obligatory part of doing "A Day In My Life" is repeated time checks!
All dressed up for the baby shower tonight...ok, not really dressed "up"! I think it's also obligatory to take a picture of myself in the mirror on these days.
I'm not sure if I'm cool enough for these shoes...we'll see how I do tonight!
Abby driving us to the baby shower - but always taking the time to pose for a picture!
Writing sweet messages and prayers for the new babies, mother and family.
Clare (it's her baby shower) leading the way through a delicious buffet of salads and soups.
The fruits of my labor - those are the Key Lime Cheesecakes I made earlier. They aren't very cute, but they tasted good!
Abby is the master of self-portrait picture taking. Unfortunately, my camera chose to focus on the table behind us.
Time check. Still at the baby shower...it was a good, long, evening!
The "tree" with all the messages and prayers for Clare and her family.
Everyone is already sleeping when I get home.
My last picture of the day is technically not even the same day. But, it's the end of my photo journal for this month.

No comments: