Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 12

March 20
We went to Taco Bell because we like it. They always ask for your name before they take your order. Bill and I get tired of spelling out our names for them in Spanish (because they are so difficult), so we use "easier" names. Bill uses "Aaron" because we thought it was easier for Spanish speakers - and it's his middle name. Apparently, it's not that easy either! They have NEVER spelled it right at Taco Bell...don't they watch Food Network and see Aaron Sanchez obsess about his name? I guess not. We have since decided Bill should use "Jose" or "Pablo" because it would be impossible for them to get those names wrong...right?

March 21
I made dinner and it was super scrumptious. We had fried rice with diced ham and stir-fried teriyaki vegetables. It was almost a healthy meal...and really, really tasty!March 22
We got a surprise day off of work because a former vice-president of Panama died and it was declared a national day of mourning. I spent the day sleeping in and playing games with my friends. It was so much fun! And - I actually one the game for once...that makes it even more fun! Yay! March 23
I got a cookbook for Christmas from my brother and sister-in-law: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2. It has all kinds of famous restaurant recipes and I finally used it to make Cheddar Bay Biscuits, like the ones from Red Lobster. I was happy because the recipe wasn't too difficult and the biscuits were really good. I think I made them too big, so next time I'll use a smaller scoop, but they were very tasty. I LOVE this cookbook and look forward to using it a LOT! March 24
BEFORE: I'm planning to get my hair cut so I took a picture to show how long it was. Not the longest it's been, but long enough to be annoying. I was ready for something different.March 25
AFTER: here is my short haircut. This is the shortest my hair has been in over 10 years. I'm still getting used to it. It's kind of funny, but I think I like it. At least I don't hate it!March 26
Dry season is officially over...I think. It started pouring today...raining so hard you couldn't see across the street. It's hard to take a picture that captures just how hard it was raining, but I tried. After about an hour, the rain suddenly stopped.

1 comment:

mom said...

Did I tell you how much I love your new haircut? Makes me want to go get mine cut just like it. And those cheddar cheese biscuits look like the real thing!! Don't have to go to Red Lobster any more to get them. You'll have to share the recipe with me.