Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. I hope you all had a wonderful and delicious thanksgiving. Since most of my family is celebrating thanksgiving on a different day (yes, they have good reasons), I have to share my pictures of our feast today! We had 30 people for our big event and we had plenty of food...in fact, we had too much. But, that's expected on Thanksgiving! Of course, I ate way too much and I feel uncomfortably full, but it was totally worth it! I was only the co-host of this shindig, we had it at Bonnie's house, but I made a bunch of food. I was responsible for the ham, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, dressing, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and a pumpkin trifle. It was a lot of cooking - but it was fun and I enjoyed it. Here are some pictures of our delicious meal.

Our beautiful table

Ham

Sweet Potato Casserole

Green Bean Casserole

Fresh Baked Rolls (they were SO delicious)

Pumpkin Trifle (I've never made this before, but people liked it)

Pumpkin Pie (I had two pieces, they were small)


I am very thankful for the wonderful food we had today. I am also thankful for my family and friends - I am blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. I hope everyone remembers how much they have to be thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving!

And now...since it is technically tomorrow (yes, I stayed up late cleaning the kitchen), I can start the excitement. That's right, it is officially permissible to start preparing for (and celebrating) Christmas. I am now going to listen to my Christmas music and, this weekend, we are putting up our tree!!! I can't wait...I LOVE Christmas!

No comments: