Friday, November 21, 2008

Holiday Bazaar

Tonight, the embassy hosted a Holiday Bazaar. Basically, a bunch of vendors come in to the embassy and display their goods and people walk around and buy stuff - supposedly Christmas presents. Santa also makes an appearance so kids can tell him what they want. Its a big event. Bill and I attended and we did a little Christmas shopping. We also had dinner, which is the same thing every time the embassy hosts an event -- hamburgers and hot dogs. I enjoy hamburgers, but I was a little dissapointed tonight because it meant I was repeating a meal AGAIN. Yes, I've already attended one embassy function this month - the Halloween Party - and I ate a hamburger. It wasn't really my fault because the party was supposed to be in October and I would've been fine - but because of the rain delay, they had Halloween in November...which means I've already included an embassy hamburger in my food foto extravaganza. To make things EVEN worse, I forgot my camera tonight. So, I have no picture of the repeat burger!!!

Instead, I decided to show you the burgers in the "before" stage. Its not a cow, or anything that drastic, but its uncooked burgers. Yes, this picture was taken at the Halloween Party, but its the same type of burger, cooked on the same grills, by the same people, so I think it counts. Enjoy! And, I promise you tomorrow will NOT be a repeat, it will be something totally exciting and original. In fact, I just might get points for taste, presentation, and originality!

No comments: