Friday, November 28, 2008

Pizza

The day after Thanksgiving - most people are eating turkey and green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. Not us (well, I did finish off the pumpkin pie), oh no, we are having an even better "leftover" meal. Because I didn't make the turkey yesterday, I didn't have any leftover for turkey sandwiches or turkey pot pie or any other creative uses. Instead, I had ham. I love ham, so its easy for me to think of unique and different ways to eat it. Today, I impressed even myself! This was not your typical Thanksgiving leftover meal. Nope, we went all out! Using my leftover ham and my new bread machine and my sister's recipe, we made pizza. Oh my goodness, it was so delicious! My sister makes pizza every Friday night with her bread machine and since my goal in life is to be just like her, I've started my own pizza tradition. I used her recipe and made the dough in my bread machine. It was amazing - so easy and so yummy (the smell is great!). Then, we made a ham and cheese pizza (my personal favorite) - a Pizza Americana, as they call it in Peru. We even made bread sticks, just like big sis. It was the most amazing meal ever. I ate so much pizza, I'm uncomfortably full again. Almost as good as Thanksgiving itself! I will definitely be making pizza again. And next time we're going to experiment and make different flavors. It promises to be a fun tradition (though, we might change it to Saturday night). I will have to invite each one of you for pizza some day. It really is THAT good!

No comments: