Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bottle-Cut Glasses

Now here is something very cool. The next on my list of Favorite Things is my bottle-cut glasses. I got these glasses in Peru. There is a small "factory" where they take wine bottles, or any bottles really, and they cut them off to make glasses or bowls or other containers (depending on the size). They make tall glasses and short glasses and all different colored glasses. These are my favorite glasses. I love the deep blue color and I love that they are unique. There aren't very many people who have a set of glasses made out of cut bottles. (I also have a few bowls made from bottles but the glasses are the best.) I like them because they are thick glass and they feel solid when you use them and the cut edge is smooth so its comfortable when you drink. I just really love these glasses.


And I also love the pictures that Bill takes for me. Thanks, Bill!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty! :] <3

The Foust Family said...

I love the second picture. Bill's photography is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Never good to have an empty wine bottle, but I agree that these are beautiful!! Love the second photo too. Keep it up Bill.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pix, Bill!! You ought to be in advertising. I have some glasses just like these, but you guys make me want to go out and buy more - or at least put them on display.