Friday, March 13, 2009

Necklace Tree

Here's something that no one else has. I'm sure of that because my dad built it for me! Its my necklace tree and its on My Favorite Things list. Several years ago, I tried to make something to hang my necklaces on so they were all visible and easily accessible. I used nails, and it worked, but it wasn't very cool. About the same time, my sister found a tie holder and thought of me because it had places to hang necklaces (or ties, I guess). But, it still didn't work very well because it was supposed to hang on the wall. Then, my dad visited. He found a way to take the round "hangy" part off and create a stand for it. Now it sits prominently on my dresser and I have all my necklaces proudly displayed. And, it spins!! Its very cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE!!
Very cool!

Thank you for posting this in the evening so I don't have to worry about missing my bus.

:D

can't wait for the next one!

The Foust Family said...

I think your dad should go into business making necklace trees. That is great!

Anonymous said...

Dad made me a necklace thingy for Christmas that hangs on the wall. It's great and I like it, but yours is way cool!! But I'm not complaining. No way. Just giving proper recognition to a truly great invention. Way to go dad!

Anonymous said...

Good idea 'Dad'! He gets the shout-out for this favorite thingy!!