Saturday, March 28, 2009

Market Bags

Now here's something that I was just reminded that I like. We went to the grocery store this morning to buy supplies for our party. Here in Italy, they charge you for grocery bags. You have to pay 5 cents for each bag. That's not so bad, and we have many bags at home (they are actually pretty good bags) so its not the cost, but the principle. Instead of buying bunches of bags, people here bring their own bags or they bring a small cart (since most people walk to/from the grocery store). I hear this trend is catching on in the US too, but I haven't been there recently so I can't say. In order to spend less on bags and not waste as much plastic, I use my market bags. My mom sent me some great bags from Peru and I LOVE them. I have two favorites that I use regularly but I like them all. They are sturdy and have excellent handles and I love the colors (my sister got the pink one, hehehe). They are also a very good size for our trips to the store. Bill usually carries the big one and I carry the medium one. Today, I did an exceptional job of bagging our groceries! In fact, I am still proud of my accomplishment! But, none of it would have been possible without my market bags...my very cool market bags (and also one of My Favorite Things).



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty! Maybe when you let me bag your stuff I can get a 10c tip for commenting on their beauty... HEHE

margaret said...

I thought it was 7Cents!! hahahahaa. I love my 'old lady cart'. Your bags are very colorful. they match your albums.