Thursday, March 26, 2009

Photo Albums

Next...Photo Albums. I love pictures. And, I love organizing them. Before the digital picture revolution, I would order printed copies of ALL my pictures (sometimes I even ordered doubles). I started organizing my pictures when I was a senior in high school (a long time ago). I like to keep them chronologically because its easier to find a specific picture, and it helps me remember when things happened. I can tell you exactly when I got my first digital camera, because that is when the printed pictures end. Very sadly, I have a half-empty photo album just waiting to be filled. I still organize my photos, and I still keep them chronologically, except now I have them on my computer. The computer makes it harder for people to flip through them and get a glimpse of my past. Its also harder to show someone a picture in the middle of a dinner party (but that doesn't happen very often, so I guess I'm ok). I still have all my photo albums and they are neatly arranged on my shelf, but sometimes they seem sad and lonely. I like to flip through them occasionally to remember what a printed picture feels like and to remember all the good memories. I used to say that if there was a fire, I would grab my photo albums before I ran to safety...I still think that's true. There's a lot of history in those albums and that's why they are on the list of My Favorite Things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my photo albums too! I think that we all need to back to albums. Can't wait to stroll through yours next time!!

Anonymous said...

I second the idea of going through the albums! :D

The Foust Family said...

I would love to hear your suggestions for how to organize digital photos...I feel like mine are all over the place. Also - do you back yours up? If you do what do you use? I am so freaked out by losing my digital photos that I actually have EVERY SINGLE one of my digital photos printed. Yes. I'm weird like that. And I take a lot of pictures and I spend way too much getting them printed. I would like to only print the ones I need for scrapbooking and just back up the others somehow...any suggestions?