Monday, March 2, 2009

Filing Cabinet

The first of My Favorite Things is my Filing Cabinet. (Remember that this list is in no particular order.)

My filing cabinet is new. Bill gave it to me for Christmas. Some may think it is a strange gift but I LOVE it. I love to organize and file things so a filing cabinet is great. I've wanted one for a long time and now I finally have my very own. More than just the filing cabinet, I like my whole filing system. I have binders and shelfs and lables and dividers. All of it works together to create organization and order. I love organization and order. I love having things to file and finding a proper place for everything. Right now, I'm a little behind on my filing, but that's my fault...not the filing cabinets fault. It sits there, waiting for me to fill it and to neatly and orderly arrange my important documents. I spent some time organizing this weekend and it reminded me how much I love order...and that's why I love my filing cabinet. Am I the only one that gets exciting about keeping things organized? (I don't think so.)

3 comments:

The Foust Family said...

I'm a little envious of your nice filing cabinet! You know I love organization as much as you do :) and I love my filing cabinet...but it's an old metal one.

Anonymous said...

I see nothing wrong with organization!!

Anonymous said...

Organization is good but I don't seem to ever get on top of it. Rather, all my stuff is on top of it, not in it, because my filing cabinet (ugly old metal) is totally crammed full of outdated junk that I never find time to go through and toss. Alas, what a mess! But you definitely inspire me. Maybe in my next life :)