Monday, March 23, 2009

Oven

Here's something that I really like, but its not really mine. I use it, and I love it, but I don't own it. It is my oven. I like my oven a lot because it helps me produce all the yummy baked goods that I so enjoy. However, because my housing is furnished, the oven belongs to the apartment, not to me. In my various other houses, I've had some really bad ovens. The one I have now is my very favorite. It deserves a place on my list of My Favorite Things. It is a gas stove/oven so it works right! (I do not like electric stoves/ovens at ALL.) It is also black and white, which is my kitchen color scheme, so I'm happy. I just really enjoy my oven. It heats up pretty quickly and I've learned its idiosyncrasies and together we bake delicious treats. I use it every Saturday to make scrumptious pizza and bread sticks. Last week, I made some banana bread and it was also delicious. I think there's only been one thing that came out of the oven that was not good...and that was my fault, not the oven's fault (I forgot about it and it turned into charcoal!). I love my oven and I love using it.



My oven with fresh baked banana bread...so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek! I am dreaming of your banana bread now! :] So good! (The best. Don't tell Mom!)

Emma said...

and THEN what happened with the banana bread????

I love how you treat the oven as a friend and person..."together we bake delicious treats." You are adorable!