Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cereal

I love cereal! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I usually try to limit my cereal to breakfast time only - but that's just an attempt to be fair to other food. Cereal is so delicious and its part of a complete breakfast so I'm sure it could be part of a complete lunch or dinner too! There are so many different kinds of cereal that I really don't understand someone who doesn't like cereal at all...I just have no tolerance for people like that! I have a few favorites and I usually rotate between them. When I was younger, my favorite was Life. It still has a place in my top 5, but its often number 3 or 4. My new favorite is usually Quaker Oat Squares...so yummy, and I tell myself they are healthy (even though I know they are loaded with brown sugar!).

I think there are 3 general categories of cereal: there is the sugary, kiddy cereal that has things like marshmallows in it, then there is the more regular category of cereal with normal flakes and squares, then there is the ultra healthy category that is usually loaded with all kinds of dried fruits and nuts and other assorted things that get stuck in your teeth! You might be able to guess, but I prefer the middle category. Most of the cereals I like are pretty straightforward. A basic cereal with no additions. No nuts, marshmallows, fruits, or crunchy clusters! I like my cereal to be simple! The funny thing is that Bill likes a different category completely! Thankfully, we both agree that the sugary, kiddy cereals are just too much...too sweet to be cereal, really. But, Bill likes the healthy junk! Yup, he likes the nutty clusters and the fruity bites. So, I have been forced to fill my cereal cupboard with 2 types of cereal. The basic, delicious cereal for myself, and the healthy, crunchy stuff for him! I guess its OK as long as we can keep Cap'n Crunch and Lucky Charms out of the kitchen!

With that said, my cereal cupboard is one of My Favorite Things in the house. I love seeing all the different kinds of cereal and enjoying the wonderful taste of each one. In case you're wondering, my current top 5 favorite cereals are: Quaker Oat Squares, Wheaties, Life, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Grape Nuts. Bill is currently eating Cranberry Almond Crunch and Banana Nut Crunch but he won't commit to having a "favorite" cereal.

Do you have a favorite cereal?


(We have the All Bran just to make bran muffins...we don't eat it by itself!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRAPE NUTS RULE EVERYTHING! :]
Haha. I love this post.
Cereal is awesome <3

Anonymous said...

You are so Seinfeld!! But have to diasagree with you on the Lucky Charms! They still rock!!

Anonymous said...

Guess I'm a type 3 cereal person like Bill. Love those nutty clusters and fruity bites! Honey Bunches of Oats, Crackling Oat Bran, Banana Nut Crunch & Cranberry Almond Crunch are way up there on my list! But to each his own, I always say :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed that today is St. Patrick's Day - A good day for Lucky Charms!